Project Background : Personal
Type: Prototype (Pre-Pre-Alpha)
Duration : (~25 hours)
Team Members : François Potvin Naud (alone)
Game Engine : Unity 4.3 (2D engine)
Platforms : Windows/Web
Language : C#
Small “Art Game” inspired by an indie song from a small band from Montreal. Everything is hand drawn.
The visuals use Unity 4.3 2D system combined with a plugin adding the possibility to attach sprites to 2D skeletons, like if it was a 3D mesh. Using that skeleton gave me to possibility to use the Unity Mecanim system and its blend trees.
- Skeleton/Bones animation system in a 2D world
- False top-down perspective with front faced characters.
- Working with very limited controls
- If it was a full game, the story would be wordless
- Hand Drawn assets
Personal realization :
- Scripts (FSM, Depths depending on y position, analog controls w/ blend tree)
- Animations (“Blend trees”, “bones” plugin)
Web Player: La Fille du Boucher – Prototype Jouable v0.2a
Windows : FilleDuBoucherPrototype.zip (8.5 MB) v0.1a